I made this amazing vegan dinner tonight and I HAVE to share it with you!
Ingredients: Makes 2 servings (roughly)
1 cup frozen spinach (or chopped if fresh)
1/2 cup chickpeas
1/4 cup black olives
1/3 bag vegan chicken strips (I use Gardein)
2-4oz spaghetti (or any other pasta you prefer) pre cooked
1/4-1/2 cup Victorias vegan artichoke alfredo sauce
2-4 tbs sliced almonds for garnish
- Heat a medium sized skillet over low-medium heat (with 1tbs oil or vegan butter)
- When oil is hot add the spinach into the skillet with 3tbs of water and simmer covered 3-4 minutes or until spinach is cooked. Drain remaining water if necessary
- Add vegan chicken and vegan alfredo sauce to skillet. Cook the chicken until warm throughout (5 minutes)
- Add all of the remaining ingredients to the skillet (leaving out the almonds) and stir.
- Cover the skillet with a lid and simmer on low an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in the almonds (you can toast them in a small skillet first or just keep them raw)
- Split into two bowls for you and your partner or put the other half in the fridge for tomorrow!
I hope you guys try out this recipe! You can always substitute spinach for broccoli or add in mushrooms, peas, peppers, anything really! You can even change up the measurements if you prefer more/less pasta or more/less of a certain vegetable. It’s really up to taste preference.
If you try it out, I would LOVE if you posted a picture to Instagram or Twitter and tagged me so I can see how yours turned out! My Instagram is chasing_mine27 and my Twitter is @ChasingMine27. Capitalize as I have to find me!
Aahh! I hope you guys like it!