It’s difficult to see and then accept that you are in an abusive relationship. It’s even harder to leave once you’ve accepted it, and the “why” is impossible to put into words.
1. Abuse is in no way a black and white topic, there is so much gray interlaced throughout it.
2. Verbal abuse does not always come in the form of negative commentary, but instead often comes in a twisted form of the positive.
3. Sometimes, you’re only as important as the services you can provide someone.
4. Grand gestures to someone can be done for selfish reasons.
5. Trust your fucking instincts.
6. Guilt is not a valid reason to have sex.
7. If he constantly tells you that you are the problem, walk away because the problem is him.
8. “Love” and “sex” are not fucking synonyms.
9. Neither are “Consent” and “Consensual”.
10. Abuse is not rare, it’s just not realized.